Japan is one of the largest global economies and a key partner for European businesses. In 2015, it invested € 33.5 billion in renewables alone, it is the 4th largest photovoltaic market in the world and it has pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050, thus becoming a substantial market for Green Energy Technologies .
Japan boasts various opportunities for companies in this sector including:
- Increase in demand for eco-friendly solutions in line with the greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions (26% by 2030 and 80% by 2050).
- Partnerships with Japanese companies on the ‘Top Runner Approach’ for energy efficient products.
- Partnerships with Japanese companies on Zero Energy House (ZEH) and Zero Energy Building (ZEB)Technologies sectors.
- Research co-operation with local companies.
- Technology-led solutions in the increasing demand for wind power (long term stable power generation), biomass, geothermal (renovation, efficiency and logistics) and hydro energy (marine power, and next-gen generation).
From 18-22 of September 2017, EU Gateway | Business Avenues  will take selected European companies to Osaka for a market scoping mission in Green Energy Technologies. This is a risk-free opportunity to sound out this promising market thanks to EU-funded coaching, logistic support and pre-arranged business meetings with Japanese partners. Apply online  by 19 May 2017 and expand your business to Asia!